Musicians and those of you interested in electronic music instruments may enjoy a new book launched via Kickstarter in the form of Patch Tweak written by Kim Bjørn. Watch the promotional video below to learn more about what you can expect from the new book about modular synths, their makers, and masters. Together with plenty of patching secrets, performance tips, history, modules, techniques and more.
Thanks to nearly 1000 backers the authors already raised over $50,000 with still 20 days remaining on its campaign. The synthesiser book is available to back with pledges starting from £42 for the hardcover book, which will be delivered during October 2018 If all goes well with manufacturing.
Kim explains a little more about what you can expect from the chapters and structure of the book :
– Foreword by electronic music pioneer Suzanne Ciani
– Introduction to Modular Synthesis (Harmonics, Voltage Control, etc.)
– Formats and history (timeline and stories on the beginnings, 5U, Moog, Serge, Eurorack, Buchla, etc.)
– Starting Points (software, semi-modular, systems, etc.)
– Interfacing With Modular (audio in/out, MIDI, computer integration, etc.)
– Sound Sources (VCOs, Percussion Synthesis, Sampling, etc.)
– Sound Modifiers (VCFs, Waveshapers, VCAs LPGs, Mixers Attenuators, Effects)
– Envelopes Modulators (Envelope Generators, LFOs, Random Sources, CV Recorders)
– Essential Utilities (Voltage Processors, Signal Routing, Multifunction Modules)
– Notes, Clock, and Triggers (Clock Generation, Sequencers, Rythm Pattern Generators, Logic Modules, Touch Controllers)
– Index, Glossary, Resources
For more information and a full list of all available pledges jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Filed Under: Gadgets News